Thursday, March 4, 2010

Shhh don't tell!

I keep hearing things about this bar called P.D.T (Please Don't Tell) on St. Marks and I've decided I need to go here. I first heard about it when I was watching the Travel Channel a few weeks ago and saw a show called "Extreme Bars". So here's the deal.

P.D.T is a cocktail lounge hidden within a hot dog shop. I know, I'm already sold with just that. Kinda like a speakeasy, you first have to walk into a supposed hot dog place called Crif Dogs. (They serve deep-fried hot dogs and waffle fries, sounds like a delicious heart attack)


Inside, there is a vintage phone booth that you must enter if you want to go to P.D.T. You pick up the phone and wait for someone to answer. Then the back of the phone booth will open and VOILA you have entered a posh cocktail lounge.


Doesn't this sound like fun? NYMag has raved about the cocktails that they serve up at this place and I definitely want to make it a point to go here in the near future. If anyone has been, please let me know how it is!

P.D.T.
113 St. Marks Pl. near 1st Ave.

No comments:

Post a Comment