Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I want these noodles...now.

If I could be teleported to anywhere in the city right now in this snowy weather, it would be Mee Noodle Shop on 9th Ave. Their soups & ramens are completely authentic and even though the decor is sparse, it doesn't even matter because the food more than makes up for it. When I'm in the city for work or class, I often meet up with a friend here for an enormous bowl of Cantonese Wonton Soup (only about $5!). Mee is a cozy place to catch up with a friend and if you've walked down 9th ave, I'm sure you've walked by this place a thousand times without even realizing it. It's the kind of place that frequents people who come here all the time, who know the owners' names and have a "regular" on the menu. These are the places in NY that get over looked. There's nothing fancy about Mee, just a big bowl of noodles and the company of friends makes the perfect lunch spot on a winter day. If you have class at Lincoln Center, or you just happen to find yourself in Hell's Kitchen, you should definitely check it out. I would recommend the Wonton Soup or Curry Noodle Soup...both are delicious. But, because I'm stuck in the Bronx doing homework and craving soup, I guess I'll just have to settle for Campbell's today.

No comments:

Post a Comment