Sunday, April 4, 2010

Paella for all!

Happy Easter everyone! For me, holidays are always about spending time with people you love...but also about sharing an amazing meal as well. Last night, in celebration of the beautiful weather my family had a little bbq at our house in Jersey. It seriously felt like a summer night, I almost forgot that I would be going back to school in a couple days and worrying about research papers and getting ready to graduate (a scary thought). My parents are huge foodies as I've mentioned in the past and they love trying new things. So they decided to make a huge paella on the grill for all of their guests. If you don't know what paella is (you should because it's delicious) it's a Spanish dish that consists of a mixture of saffron infused rice, seafood, chicken, and chorizo sausages. And it looks something like this: 


You basically put the arborio rice, along with mussels, scallops, shrimp, and calamari into a HUGE skillet along with chorizo, chicken,  tomatoes, chicken broth, onions, and peppers and season it with saffron, garlic, and parsley. It's seriously one of the best things I've eaten in awhile and it was so easy to make. I'm actually really upset I didn't take a picture of the final product but it was a beautiful sight, not to mention it smelled amazing. Unfortunately I don't have a grill in the bronx, but you can just as easily make this recipe on a stove top. Ours fed 8 people. I don't have the exact recipe because this was kinda a improvised trial run but I found this recipe that looks almost exactly like the one we had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment