Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tilapia w/ Black Beans and Kale

I made another great recipe from Women's Health last night and it was a big hit with my roomies! I feel like we never cook fish in our apartment, probably because we never buy it. But I really do love seafood. So, on my way back to the BX yesterday I picked up some tilapia fillets and some kale...one of new favorite vegetables. If you've never had it, it's kinda like a mix between spinach and broccoli and you can sautee it in about 5 minutes. I recommend trying some, its delicious and sooo good for you. Anyway, the recipe took about 15 minutes to make in its entirety and I served it up with some brown rice! Here it is....

Skillet Tilapia w/ Black Beans and Kale
You'll need:
-A few fillets of tilapia
-1 cup of chopped kale
-1 cup of black beans, rinsed and drained
-1/2 cup of chopped red onion
-2 tbsp of tomato paste
-1 tbsp of olive oil
-red pepper flakes
-salt & pepper to taste

1. In a skillet, combine onion, oil, and salt to taste. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add kale and stir to coat with seasonings. Cook until kale starts to wilt, about 2 minutes. Stir in beans and tomato paste. Set tilapia on mixture. Dust lightly with red pepper flakes.

2. Cover and cook until tilapia is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Serve with lemon.

*I apologize for not having pictures, I forgot to take them...It is a beautiful looking dish though!

No comments:

Post a Comment